Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Three Most Important Things In My Life


I've been thinking a lot lately about things in a different light. What I'd do differently, where I'd go, how I'd react...

I got to thinking of the three things that are most important to me.

1-God. Without Him I could do nothing and I would be nothing. If I had not known Him how sad my life would have been. Depressed and angst, unfulfilled. With Him I have all the things that I need, everything that I need! I can die a complete man now, because I am completed by knowing the Father, not just knowing about Him.

2-My wife. Your mother is a breath of fresh air. I know you don't see her the way I do, never have, never will. She is the sun and the moon for me. I would be a dead chump today if it had not been for her love and care. She lost so much in 1997, but she has gained so much, too. I cannot even imagine life without her, ever, because she has been a part of my life for nearly 40 years. That's a long time, but just a skip in time.

3-My children. What if I had never met any of my three children? I have been completed by them. They are all good people, good humans and they come from a good place in my heart. I know I don't appreciate them as much as I should, I don't tell them how proud I am of their accomplishments like I should, I know I've failed them miserably many times, but,...hello kids, it's me, just plain old me. I know that knowing you has made my world round and has given me the greater purpose of my earthly life, to raise God's children so that they can keep on keeping on.

Oh, I could list in-laws, grandchildren, parents, sisters, brothers, other kin, but without you, Pam, Hilary, Nathan and Dennis, I would live in a dismal world in a small place in my own mind. You have freed me to be me. And, thanks God for Your hand in my life.


The road's been rough, with many a winding path that leads to only Who knows where...God knows where...

Frank/Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment