Friday, March 16, 2012

A Taste O' Ireland!




...as I was collecting the items for our traditional St. Patrick's Day meal, I stumbled across this wonderful specimen...

It is what mama always called an Irish Potato but this one is special...it is in the shape of a heart! Here I have pictured it in a bed of clover, but tomorrow this 'heart' will go into the boil pot with a corned beef brisket, some carrots and cabbage to celebrate the love of family and the country that gave us part of our rich heritage.

Frank and I both celebrate our Irish Heritage through the Burke and O'Neill families.

Erin go bragh!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it neat? I bet it'll be tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool potato. Your Irish meal sounds delicious.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue. Come on up and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so darling. Love the heart shape and that you snapped a pic of it. Enjoy@!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! My Mother always called them Irish potatoes too,wonder where that came from

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, maybe a ref erenceto the potato famines? I don't know but I DO know you can't beat a boiled potato with some salt, pepper and butter!

    ReplyDelete